Bethany Christian School offers a Weekly Netball program. This program is a user pay program that is staffed by volunteer coaches. If you would like your child to participate in the program, please complete this online form. A confirmation email will be sent to let you know your child has been placed onto the waiting list for when a spot becomes available on a Weekly Netball team, or if we have enough players and a coach to form a new team.
Below is the essential information regarding the Weekly Sports Program:
- The focus is on doing ones best, commitment, development, sportsmanship and fun in a secure environment.
- Coaches of teams are approved volunteers and will be working towards completing the entry level coaching accreditation.
- Age group are organised into mixed teams;
- Under 8 | Under 10 | Under 12
- Students who have turned 5 can enrol into the program
- Matches are played at The Gardens Recreation Centre on Saturday Mornings.
- Teams are generally capped at 9 players per team to help promote match time
- Players get to experience each position over the course of the season while playing in Under 8 and Under 10 age groups.
- There are two season each year that normally start the weekend of Week 1 of each semester;
- Semester One Season | Terms 1 and 2
- Semester Two Season | Terms 3 and 4
- All links to Weekly Sports Draws will be published on the school’s website.
- The fee structure is;
- Season Fee | $200 | added to your school account
- The Season Fee covers the following; uniform hire, team and player registration, match and forfeit fees, trophy costs and end of season presentation.
- Each player receives a participation trophy at the end of the season [if played 3 games or more].
- Training is compulsory; players who do not attend training will not receive as much playing time.
- The coach must be advised of all absences for trainings and matches.
- Training sessions are held at school, during the school term generally from 3.30 to 4.15pm/4.30pm.
- Training is automatically cancelled if the Bureau of Meteorology forecasts the temperature to be 35 degrees or above on the day of training. The forecast reading from BOM will be taken from the 4pm update the day before training. If it is raining, training will continue as it will take place under cover. If you are unsure if training is continuing please contact the coach on the day of training.
- All communication from the Sports Department is sent via email or text message. Please not that your first point of call for team information is the team coach.
- Bethany Christian School is partnered with Sports Power [Golden Grove, Salisbury & Victor Harbor]. If you’re interested in signing up for their VIP card with great discounts then please download the Sports Power Form and return to the Sports Department.
The players age it taken on the date of Janurary 1st. Meaning if a player turns 8 on the 2nd of January they are eligible to play in the Under 8 age bracket.
This program is assisted by the help of volunteers and it could not happen with their support. No previous experience is necessary. If you are interested in assisting please indicate below or contact the Sports Department
A discount will apply to the Season Fee for individuals who are placed into a Weekly Sports Volunteer Role.
Please leave blank if not volunteering.