Bethany Christian School offers a Weekly Baskebtall program. This program is a user pay program that is staffed by volunteers. If you would like your child to participate in the program, please complete this online form. A confirmation email will be sent to let you know your child has been placed onto the waiting list for when a spot becomes available on a Weekly Basketball team, or if we have enough players and a coach to form a new team.
Below is the essential information regarding the Weekly Sports Program:
- The focus is on doing ones best, commitment, development, sportsmanship and fun in a secure environment.
- Coaches of teams are approved volunteers and will be working towards completing the entry level coaching accreditation.
- Age group are organised into;
- Under 8s mixed | Under 10s mixed | U12 Boys | U12 Girls
- Students who have turned 5 can enrol into the program.
- Matches are played on Saturday mornings at three locations;
- Golden Grove Recreation Centre | Burragah Recreation Centre | Turramurra Recreation Centre.
- Teams are generall capped at 8-9 players with the aim of maximising playing time.
- There are two seasons each year, where matches normally start the first weekend back of the school term each season
- Winter Season | Terms 2 and 3
- Summer Season | Term 4 and Term 1 of the following year
- All links to Weekly Sports Draws will be published on the school’s website.
- The fee structure is;
- Season Fee | $180 | Invoiced by the Sports Department
- There is a separate yearly renewable $20 association online that needs to be paid when your child is placed onto a team. More information about this is communicated when required.
- The Season Fee goes towards the following | Uniform hire, team, match fees, trophy costs and end of season presentation.
- Each player receives a participation trophy at the end of the season [if played 3 games or more].
- Training is compulsory; players who do not attend training will not receive as much playing time.
- The coach must be advised of all absences for trainings and matches.
- Training sessions are held at school, during the school term generally from 3.30 to 4.15pm/4.30pm.
- Training is automatically cancelled if the Bureau of Meteorology forecasts the temperature to be 35 degrees or above on the day of training. The forecast reading from BOM will be taken from the 4pm update the day before training. If it is raining, training will continue as it will take place under cover. If you are unsure if training is continuing please contact the coach on the day of training.
- All communication from the Sports Department is sent via the BCS App and|or email. Please note your first point of call for team information is the team coach.
- Bethany Christian School is partnered with Sports Power [Golden Grove, Salisbury & Victor Harbor]. If you’re interested in signing up for their VIP card with great discounts then please download the Sports Power Form and return to the Sports Department.
Players must be under the age limit they are nominating for for the entire season.
(E.g. Under 8s must turn 8 after Term 3 for the winter season, or after Term 1 for the summer season)
This program is assisted by the help of volunteers and it could not happen with their support. No previous experience is necessary. If you are interested in assisting please indicate below or contact the Sports Department
A discount will apply to the Season Fee for individuals who are placed into a Weekly Sports Volunteer Role.
Please leave blank if not volunteering.